Our last outing in UK before heading back to Sweden, Buckingham Palace is only open during the summer when the Queen is not living there. The palace was called Buckingham House when it was built in 1761 by George III for his wife Queen Charlotte. In 1826, it was changed into a palace and Queen Victoria moved in 1837 and since it has been the official residence for the royal family.
The palace has 775 rooms and include 19 State rooms, 52 Royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms. As the Queen is not at the palace everything has been changed into a display area to also show some of the gifts she has received over the 60 years as a reign.
We also went to the Royal Mews to see the carriages and coaches and we also saw 4 of the horses. They run transportation for the royal family by both cars and horse drawn carriage. They also still train the horses that are used for pulling the royal carriages.
At the mews, we could take pictures but at the palace we weren’t so the pictures are borrowed.